Sunday, June 28, 2009

I took my kids on a treasure hunt! I took them hiking where i had hidden clues all over, and they followed the clues and their treasure maps to find the treasure. oh, and they also had to use a metal detector at the end! it worked perfectly. then they dug up chests of gold coins, 100$ each in gold dollar coins. i think it will be something they'll never forget. (:



they can't wait! the little neighbor boy really wanted to come so i buried a bunch of surprises for him, too.


so excited!

that metal detector ended up being so cool! thanks for the idea, russell!



wait, mom wouldn't give us real money....

the happy-dance.


my pirate-lass.

200$ in golden coins- a lot of money
the look on their faces when they find it- priceless.

2 comments:

Susan W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan W. said...

Sorry, I made a typo on the first comment, doing that lots lately....

But, I wanted to say:
FANTASTIC! That's what I was hoping for, a story with pictures, of the whole event! Thank-you, it was wonderful!